12.02.2009

Okay, first, I should apologize for my post being late, I know it was hard for you.

Mia Moo's family went out of town for Thanksgiving so I didn't have to work this week and I guess I got lazy.
I really didn't know what to do with myself all week...no diapers to change, no Nick Jr. On Demand, nobody to fix a grilled cheese for at 5 p.m...
Luckily, I have about a billion cousins and a lot of their birthdays are in November so I actually did stay pretty busy.

I'm not really sure what to write about this week since I didn't see the Moo at all...

I guess I could tell you about how last week when we ordered pizza for dinner Mia asked,
"Brooksie, who was that man?"
"What man, sweetie?"
"That man who brought the pizza..."
"Well, that's the pizza man, he brings people their pizzas from the restaurant where they make it..."
"Oh...maybe I could be a pizza man when I grow up!"

Now when you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up she says,
"...a pizza man or a doctor."

Or I could tell you about Pauly, a 2 year old who comes to the nursery where I also work part-time and who runs around making explosion noises (which, by the way, I am convinced all little boys are born knowing how to make...) and singing the theme from Indiana Jones. Or how the other day he asked me if I knew Michael Jackson and then did the moon walk and sang Smooth Criminal to another little girl at the nursery...Annie ("are you okay, are you okay, Annie?")

Or another little girl at the nursery who was doing animal noises, (you know the drill, "What does a cow say? -moo. What does a doggy say? -rough rough" etc.) and, when asked what an elephant says, thought about it for a second, raised her little arm up for a trunk, and using her hand as a mouth said, "hey, you, give me a peanut."

Or how when I pick up Mia from school she always turns to the teacher and says,
"That's not my mommy...that's Brooksie." Or how today when I picked her up she ran and jumped in my arms and hugged my neck and told me she'd missed me. Or how when I ask her how much she loves me she replies very dryly,

"a lot."

I could tell you that between the awesome work schedule, the laughter, and all the love that I think everyone should be a nanny...

But, I don't know, I can't decide.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Well, it certainly makes me look forward more to motherhood... :) Your stories are so sweet! What a wonderful experience for you.

    ReplyDelete